At Leeds Building Society, we're proud to be partners of parkrun UK; working together to help build and strengthen local communities. We would love to hear about all the amazing people who ensure parkrun brings real benefit to communities up and down the country.
We've launched our Community Heroes programme to put a spotlight on the brilliant people who have used the power of parkrun to bring real benefit to the lives of others. From those who passionately encourage people from all backgrounds to try parkrun for the first time, to those who’ve encouraged fellow parkrunners to help support local causes and initiatives, we want to put a spotlight on the Community Heroes of parkrun.We'll be celebrating these Heroes to give them some well-deserved recognition, and hopefully inspire others to follow in their footsteps!
So if you think someone from your parkrun deserves to be celebrated as a Community Hero please tell us a little bit about them using the form below - we'll follow up on stories of interest to find a bit more about them to help us select our Community Heroes.
Thanks for your support!
Community Heroes Participation Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter of the Project is Leeds Building Society, 105 Albion Street, Leeds, LS1 5AS (“the Promoter”)
- Nominations are open to all UK residents aged 18 or over, with the exception of employees (including contractors and temporary employees) of Leeds Building Society and their immediate family members
- The nominee must:
- be a participant or volunteer of parkrun UK
- have, in the eyes of the entrant, made a contribution to their local community through parkrun
- offer help that does not form part of their job or take place at their place of work
- help voluntarily with no financial reward
- Nominations will be accepted by the Promoter from Friday 30 June 2017 and must be received by the Promoter no later than 5pm on Saturday 23 December 2017
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for any nominations which are not received due to a technical error or otherwise by the closing date of 5PM on Saturday 23 December 2017
- By entering into this Project you agree to take part in any publicity if required by the Promoter and parkrun UK
- The Promoter will review the nominations and email the shortlisted nominees to obtain further information (if required) and consent to use their story and personal data. The Promoter will obtain consent from the nominees prior to publishing any content on its website or social media or transferring the same to parkrun UK for publication on parkrun UK’s media outlets
- To participate in the Community Heroes Project, entrants must submit the following
- The entrants name, email and contact number
- Your local parkrun event
- The name of the nominee and their email address
- A brief description as to why this person has been nominated
- Entries must not contain any personal data in excess of the information requested at (8) above
- The Promoter will be collecting the following personal data; name, contact number and email address of the applicant and the name and email address of the nominee for the purposes of administering the Community Heroes Project. The Promoter will only use the personal data for the purposes of administering the Project, and will only publish first names and locations in any publicity of the Project
- Only one entry per person is permitted, meaning you can only nominate one nominee as your Community Hero. The Project can be entered online at www.leedsbuildingsociety.co.uk/communityheroes
- There is no prize associated with this Project. Stories of interest will be used on the Promoter's website, social media and newsletter and parkrun UK's website, social media and newsletter
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect the Project is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it
- Entrants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right not to use content from anyone in breach of these terms and conditions
- By entering a nomination you agree that any personal information provided by you with the nomination entry may be held and used only for the purposes of administering the competition by the Promoter
- Provided consent is obtained from the nominee (as per condition 7 above), the Promoter may also publish the entrant's name and geographical location, along with the nominee's name and geographical location and details of the story on the Promoter's website, social media and newsletter. The Promoter may also transfer details of the entrant's name and geographical location, along with the nominee's name and geographical location and details of the story to parkrun, for publishing on parkrun UK's website, social media and newsletter. By entering this Project you agree to such use
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English Law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales
- Leeds Building Society is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Leeds Building Society is registered on the Financial Services Register under number 164992. You can check this on the FCA website at https://www.fca.org.uk/firms/financial-services-register or by calling 0800 111 6768
- A reference to parkrun UK is a reference to parkrun Limited registered in England and Wales with company number 07289574, parkrun Global Limited registered in England and Wales with company number 09411750 and parkrun Trading Limited registered in England and Wales with company number 06053983, all of whom have their registered office address at Unit 3 Lower Deck, Phoenix Wharf, Twickenham, Middlesex TW1 3DY