Will Writing Company FAQs

We’ve been informed that the Will Writing Company has closed for new business.

We’ve created some FAQ’s to help answer questions you might have.



What has happened to the Estate Planning Group (EPG)?

The Will Writing Company, which is part of Estate Planning Group, has gone into administration as at 15th February 2018.

Deed Bank which holds customer wills and other documents continues to trade.

We understand that the Family Trust Corporation continues to provide trustee services to support existing trust customers.

What is the Society doing about the situation?

We are actively working with customers to resolve specific cases. Our priority is to understand the impact on our members and how we can help.

What is happening with my Power Of Attorney?

If your Power of Attorney is completed and has been sent to the Office of Public Guardian for registration, please note that it can take 10-12 weeks for the Office of Public Guardian to process the registration. Once complete, the Office of the Public Guardian will write to customers and confirm that the document has been registered.

You can contact the Office of Public Guardian to check that they have received your registration application, on:

Email: customerservices@publicguardian.gsi.gov.uk

Telephone: 0300 456 0300 (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9am to 5pm, Wednesday 10am to 5pm)

Office of Public Guardian
PO Box 16185
Birmingham B2 2WH

If you have further questions about an outstanding Power of Attorney, please contact your local branch. Ensure that you have as much information as possible to hand to help us to support you.

The WWC currently hold my Will, how can I retrieve this?

You can arrange the return of your Will by contacting the storage company, Deed Bank. We recommend emailing them using storage@deedbank.co.uk  or telephoning them on 0330 555 7555 between the hours of 10am and 4pm (Monday to Friday).

It may take some time for a response due to the volume of enquiries. However, you should receive a response explaining the process to retrieve your Will. There will be a charge made for the retrieval of documents in line with the Deed Bank storage cost structure. These costs will vary by document and will need to be paid direct to the storage company.

Directors of The Will Writing Company are named as an Executor in my Will - how do I replace them or appoint someone else as executor?

It is important to note that your Will is still valid, even if the Executor no longer exists.

The links to documents below will provide you with the appropriate instructions and forms to enable you to remove The Will Writing Company as Executor without the need to involve a Solicitor or to re-write your Will.

Prior to taking any action, you should establish whether The Will Writing Company is named as the sole or joint Executor in your Will (by checking your Will documents) and select the appropriate precedent document.

You will need to complete the Codicil precedent document, carefully following the instructions provided and store this with your Will.




I had arranged for the Estate Planning Consultant to witness the signing of my Will, what should I do now?

The document link below provides instructions on how to sign a Will


I already have a Final Will and Testament and need to make a change, what should I do?

The Will Writing Company is closed for new instructions.

You can request the return of your Will from the storage company (see question above for details) and make alternative arrangements, but we do not have a will writing partner at this time.

I have an existing trust held by the Family Trust Corporation (FTC) how are they affected?

Family Trust Corporation can be contacted by email using enquiry@willwriting.co.uk or by telephone on 03455 20 30 40.

I have a question that is not included in the above list, what should I do?

For any other queries, please contact your local branch.

Ensure that you have as much information as possible to hand to enable us to support you.

How do I make a complaint?

If you wish to make a complaint against the Will Writing Company, you may wish to refer your complaint to the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority (SRA) Compensation Fund, who can sometimes help an individual where an SRA regulated firm fails to finish work for which they have been paid.

If your payment to The Will Writing Company was made by credit card, you may wish to refer your complaint to your credit card provider who may be able to refund the amount if you have not received what you paid for.

If your complaint is to the Society, please visit our Resolving Problems page.